Tax guide for arts organisations
Navigating the sometimes muddy waters of taxation law, particularly in relation to fundraising, can mean the difference between an effective strategy that secures new revenue streams, and failure (not to mention breaking the law!).
We’ve worked with the Australian Tax Office to produce this handy guide to the formalities associated with receiving philanthropic income.
- The legal and tax requirements associated with receiving tax deductible gifts.
- Terminology associated with giving.
- Different types of tax deductible ‘gifts’ and their conditions.
Download (PDF) the complete guide or view the individual sections in PDF form below.
- Introduction and definitions (PDF)
- Organisations (PDF)
- Individual artists (PDF)
- Gift types, conditions and tax implications (PDF)
- Philanthropic fundraising (PDF)