Before you apply for Plus1
Get the facts on our eligibility and assessment criteria.
Eligibility criteria and considerations
Plus1 is closed for applications for 2017/18. Subscribe to our enews for future program updates and announcements.
For all of the ins and outs of the Plus1 criteria watch this handy video we’ve prepared before you apply.
Plus1 is open to small-to-medium not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations. Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must be a legally constituted entity (with an ABN) and registered as a not-for-profit organisation, as defined by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Definitions of not-for-profit entities may be found on the ATO and ASIC websites.
- Applicants must have an annual turnover of less than $5 million in the previous financial year.
- Applicants must be based in Australia, and are carry, or plan to carry out the majority of their arts activity or practice within Australia.
- Applicants must operate with the primary purpose of providing arts and cultural opportunities for Australian artists and audiences.
Plus1 will not accept applications from:
- Recipients of Plus1 2016/17 funding.
- Schools or tertiary training institutions.
- Organisations with an annual turnover of $5 million or more.
- Entities whose primary purpose is to support the fundraising activities of another organisation that would otherwise not meet the Plus1 eligibility requirements.
Plus1 is divided into two streams.
- Stream A: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year of up to $500,000.
- Stream A applicants are eligible to request up to $25,000 in matched funding.
- Stream B: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year from $500,000 up to and including $5 million.
- Stream B applicants are eligible to request up to $50,000 in matched funding.
Assessment criteria and considerations
All Plus1 applications will be assessed by us at Creative Partnerships Australia, and a Plus1 Assessment Panel comprised of people with expertise in arts fundraising and development.
Applications should demonstrate:
- A clearly articulated campaign strategy and achievable fundraising target.
- How Plus1 funding will be used to leverage and attract new private sector support.
- The organisation’s capacity to deliver an effective campaign in line with the scope and scale of the organisation.
- The anticipated impact of the campaign and project/activity on the organisation’s sustainability.
- New donors contributing to the organisation, or increased investment from existing donors.