Am I eligible for Plus1?
Get the facts on our eligibility and assessment criteria.
Plus1 is open to small-to-medium not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations. For the ins and outs of Plus1 eligibility, watch this short video.
Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
Plus1 is open to small-to-medium not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations. Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must be a legally constituted entity (with an ABN) and registered as a not-for-profit organisation, as defined by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Definitions of not-for-profit entities may be found on the ATO and ASIC websites.
- Applicants must have an annual turnover of less than $5 million in the previous financial year.
- Applicants must be based in Australia, and carry, or plan to carry out the majority of their arts activity or practice within Australia.
- Applicants must operate with the primary purpose of providing arts and cultural opportunities for Australian artists and audiences.
Plus1 will not accept applications from:
- Recipients of the previous round of Plus1 funding.
- Schools or tertiary training institutions.
- Organisations with an annual turnover of $5 million or more.
- Entities whose primary purpose is to support the fundraising activities of another organisation that would otherwise not meet the Plus1 eligibility requirements.
Plus1 is divided into two streams.
- Stream A: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year of up to $500,000. Stream A applicants are eligible to request up to $25,000 in matched funding.
- Stream B: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year from $500,000 up to and including $5 million. Stream B applicants are eligible to request up to $50,000 in matched funding.
Plus1 applications will be assessed by us at Creative Partnerships Australia, and a Plus1 Peer Assessment Panel comprising people with expertise in arts fundraising and development.
Applications should demonstrate:
- A clearly articulated campaign strategy and achievable fundraising target.
- Strong key messages of support for the project, and its benefits to the organisation.
- How Plus1 funding will be used to leverage and attract new private sector support.
- The organisation’s capacity to deliver an effective campaign in line with the scope and scale of the organisation.
- The anticipated impact of the campaign and project/activity on the organisation’s sustainability.
- New donors contributing to the organisation, or increased investment from existing donors.