Plus1 is our dollar-for-dollar matched fundraising program, designed to boost the fundraising efforts of small to medium not-for-profit arts organisations.
Plus1 is a dollar-for-dollar matched funding program that helps not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations develop and run more effective fundraising campaigns.
How does it work? If you’re Plus1 recipient, you’ll run a fundraising campaign designed by you, for a specified period, to raise money for a project of your choice. Whatever you raise within that period, we’ll match it, up to $50,000.
It’s called ‘Plus1’, but there are a huge number of benefits for arts organisations.
With Plus1 matched funding, organisations can attract new donors, build valuable relationships and networks for new and diverse revenue sources, and boost fundraising skills.
In addition, many supporters and investors see matched funding as a means of extending their contribution—a matched fundraising campaign can be a powerful incentive in securing first-time investment from previously untapped donors or philanthropists.
About the program
Plus1 can be used to:
- Attract and leverage investment from the private sector.
- Build stronger and broader networks with supporters.
- Develop fundraising skills to find new donors and build supportive partnerships.
Matched funding of up to $50,000 per organisation is available.
The project or activity that will be funded through your Plus1 fundraising campaign is entirely up to the applicant. It can include, but is not limited to:
- Core operational costs.
- Creating and presenting new works. For example, artist’s fees, creative development, production, marketing and touring costs.
- Program initiatives. For example, education programs and/or scholarship opportunities.
- Employment of new staff. For example, an artistic director, business development manager, or fundraising and marketing staff.
- Fundraising support. For example, campaign expenses, customer relationship management, and IT software and hardware.