Am I eligible for MATCH Lab?
Get the facts on our eligibility and assessment criteria for the MATCH Lab program.
Applications are now closed for the 2018/19 round of this program. Subscribe to our newsletter for future funding announcements and opportunities.
MATCH Lab is for independent artists and groups. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a practicing artist, or group of artists
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Have an ABN and be prepared to receive project funds; OR have an agreement in place with an auspicing body
- Be available to participate in the Raising Money for Art clinic on 14 and 15 November 2018
- Be prepared to run a fundraising campaign between 19 November 2018 and 1 May 2019.
MATCH Lab will not support:
- Arts organisations
- School groups or tertiary training institutions
- Participants of the 2017/18 round of MATCH Lab
- Applicants who have previously received funding from us but have not completed acquittal and reporting, including through the Australian Cultural Fund
- Activity that has already taken place.
MATCH Lab isn’t for everyone. This isn’t a traditional arts or grants program – it’s designed as an intensive, hands-on professional and business development opportunity.
When assessing applications, we look for independent artists or small group of artists who can show:
- a demonstrated track record of arts practice
- your professional experience, direction and goals
- your capacity to fundraise and build private sector support (individual donations, crowdfunding, philanthropy, trusts or foundations, and business sponsorship) for your work.