Am I eligible for MATCH Lab?
Get the facts on our eligibility and assessment criteria for the MATCH Lab program.
Eligibility criteria and considerations
Please note: Applications for MATCH Lab for 2017/18 are closed. Subscribe to our newletter for future program updates and announcements.
MATCH Lab is for independent artists and groups. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a practicing artist, or group of artists
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Have an ABN and be prepared to receive project funds; OR have an agreement in place with an auspicing body
- Be available for a follow-up interview *
- Be available to participate in the Raising Money for Artclinic *
- Be prepared to run a fundraising campaign *
* Dates will be announced when the next round of MATCH Lab opens in late 2018.
MATCH Lab will not support:
- Arts organisations
- School groups or tertiary training institutions
- Participants of the previous round of MATCH Lab
- Applicants who have previously received funding from us but have not completed acquittal and reporting, including through the Australian Cultural Fund
- Activity that has already taken place.
Funds eligible for matching must be secured from private giving, which includes individual donations, philanthropy, trusts or foundations, and business sponsorship.
The program will not match funds from:
- any form of local, state or federal government funding
- pre-existing funding commitments made prior to the start of the fundraising campaign period.